TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus
The Tripura Civil Service and Tripura Police Service (Appointment by Combined Competitive Examination) will be held in three successive stages namely
- Preliminary Examination (Objective type)
- Main Examination (Conventional type-written) and
- Personality Test.
The Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Personality Test will carry 200 marks, 800 marks and 100 marks respectively.
Scheme of the TPSC Prelim Exam:
The Preliminary Examination will consist of only one paper viz. a paper on “General Studies”. The paper will be of an Objective Type consisting of 200 Multiple- Choice Question. The paper will carry 200 marks and will be of Two and a half (2½) hours duration.
- English Composition – 30 marks
- General Knowledge & Current Events Of Local, National & International Importance. – 30 marks
- History of Modern India and Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947. – 20 marks
- Geography of India – 20 marks
- Geography, History & Culture of Tripura – 15 marks
- Indian Polity and Economy – 25 marks
- General Science and Environment – 25 marks
- General Mental Ability – 20 marks
- Numerical Ability – 15 marks
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus :
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus: English Composition
Question on English Composition will cover Synonyms, Antonyms, use of common Phrase & Idioms., use of appropriate Prepositions and Articles, Comprehension, Ordering of words in a sentence , Ordering of sentences, spotting of errors, use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus: History of Modern India & Indian National Movement for the period 1857 to 1947
In History, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its Social, Economic and Political aspects.
- Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the Nineteenth Century resurgence, growth of Nationalism and attainment of Independence.
- Pre‐historic events ‐Indus valley civilization‐Vedic, Aryan and Sangam age‐Maurya dynasty‐Buddhism and Jainism‐ Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals and Marathas‐Age of Vijayanagaram and the bahmanis‐
- South Indian history‐Culture and Heritage of Tamil people‐Advent of European invasion‐Expansion and consolidation of British rule‐Effect of British rule on socio‐ economic factors‐
- Social reforms and religious movements‐India since independence‐ Characteristics of Indian culture.
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus :Geography of India
- Earth and Universe ‐ Solar system ‐ Atmosphere hydrosphere, lithosphere ‐
- rainfall, weather and climate ‐
- Water resources ‐ rivers in India ‐
- Soils of India
- minerals & natural resources‐
- Natural vegetation‐Forest & wildlife‐
- Agricultural pattern, livestock & fisheries‐Transport & communication‐Social geography – population‐density and distribution‐Natural calamities – disaster management‐Climate change ‐ impact and consequences ‐ mitigation measures‐Pollution Control.
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus : Geography, History & Culture of Tripura
In Geography of Tripura, emphasis will be on its natural resources with special reference to its soil, forest, water and power. The period from 1857 to 1949 will be considered for setting question on History of Tripura. There will be questions on different Tribes, Languages, Customs, Festivals, Important Historical sites etc.
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus: Indian Economy
- Nature of Indian economy ‐
- Five‐year plan models‐ an assessment ‐ Land reforms & agriculture ‐ Application of science in agriculture Industrial growth ‐ Capital formation and investment‐
- Role of public sector & disinvestment‐Development of infrastructure‐ National income ‐
- Public finance & fiscal policy ‐
- Price policy & public distribution‐ Banking, money & monetary policy ‐
- Role of Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) ‐ WTO‐globalization & privatization ‐ Rural welfare oriented programmes ‐
- Social sector problems – population, education, health, employment, poverty ‐ HRD – sustainable economic growth‐ Economic trends in Tamil Nadu ‐ Energy Different sources and development ‐
- Finance Commission ‐ Planning Commission ‐
- National Development Council
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus: Indian Polity
- Constitution of India ‐
- Preamble to the constitution ‐
- Salient features of constitution ‐
- Union, State and territory ‐
- rights amend duties ‐
- Fundamental rights ‐
- Fundamental duties ‐
- Human rights charter ‐
- Union legislature –
- Parliament ‐
- State executive ‐
- State Legislature – assembly ‐
- Status of Jammu & Kashmir ‐ Local government –
- panchayat raj – Tamil Nadu ‐
- Judiciary in India – Rule of law/Due process of law ‐
- Indian federalism –
- center – state relations ‐
- Emergency provisions ‐
- Civil services in India ‐ Administrative challenges in a welfare state ‐ Complexities of district administration ‐
- Elections ‐ Election Commission Union and State ‐
- Official language and Schedule‐VIII ‐
- Amendments to constitution ‐
- Schedules to constitution ‐
- Administrative reforms & tribunals‐ Corruption in public life ‐ Anti‐ corruption measures – Central Vigilance Commission, lok‐adalats, Ombudsman,
- Comptroller and Auditor General of India. ‐
- Right to information ‐
- Central and State Commission ‐ Empowerment of women‐ Voluntary organizations and public grievances redressal ‐ Consumer protection forms.
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus General Science and Environment
Questions on General Science and Environment will cover general appreciation and understanding of science and environment including matters of everyday observation and experience along with general awareness of Information & Communication Technology as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus : General Mental Ability
On General Mental Ability questions will be set on logical perception, understanding, natural conclusion etc.
TPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus: Numerical Ability
- Arithmetic (Number Theory)
- Number Systems
- Square Roots
- Cube Roots
- Fractions and Decimals
- H.C.F. and L.C.M.
- Chain Rule
- Ratio and Proportion
Based on :
Commercial Math :
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Profit and Loss & discounts
- Mensuration-Volume And Surface Area of Solid
Source : http://www.tpsc.gov.in